Another 97 k3500 crew dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like these goodyears on our dually and the price wasn't too bad. They were $200 each.
You must be registered for see images attach
What size are those? Are you running a spacer?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size are those? Are you running a spacer?

265/75/16. Yes. I could have gone 2" but I went 2.5" for more room with tire chains.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about a 285/75/16 but im sketched out by spacers..
Yours 4x4?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about a 285/75/16 but im sketched out by spacers..
Yours 4x4?

Ours is 4wd. You need spacers if you want to run anything more than a 235/85/16. Dave (88GMCtruck) runs 255/85/16 and I believe that he has 1.5" spacers. I researched the snot out of high torque, heavy hauling duallies and I saw some real horror stories with guys that ran cheap aluminum spacers. I kept hearing about Fred's spacers out of Texas. They aren't cheap and they are made out of steel. That is what we run.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ours is 4wd. You need spacers if you want to run anything more than a 235/85/16. Dave (88GMCtruck) runs 255/85/16 and I believe that he has 1.5" spacers. I researched the snot out of high torque, heavy hauling duallies and I saw some real horror stories with guys that ran cheap aluminum spacers. I kept hearing about Fred's spacers out of Texas. They aren't cheap and they are made out of steel. That is what we run.
Ile look into those, thanks!

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mirrors finally showed up!

Putting them on in the morning after work, i dont like how they are supposed to just flash with the turn signals so im going to wire them up to come on with the parking lights and flash with the turn signals. I plan on using the diagram that 88gmctruck had somewhere on here that i found with a search.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the mirrors on yesterday, looks soo much better

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 285/75/17s on mine. I know the overall height would be higher than what you're looking at but I just wanted to let you know I have inner fender liner rub when the suspension is compressed and I'm turning sharp. Not sure if the curvature of the well is still close enough with the 16's you'd have, and a dually rim. I am using a 0 offset too, which I figured would prevent it in the first place.

It gives my wife a ***** every time it does it, just a heads up.

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago i was backing out of my driveway and the truck felt like it bound up and came to a stop. I gave it some gas and it made a bang and broke free, i assumed i had a rear brake getting stuck and thought nothing of it.
2 weeks later i was on my way to work and i felt it again going about 45 mph, turned down the radio and heard a squall/grinding noise. Stopped and shook the driveshaft hoping it was a carrier bearing and everything was tight, got it back home and opened the pumpkin cover and guess what? I killed a 14 bolt. Gear oil was full, both pinion bearings were toast, inner was gone, outer was dying. I found a whole replacement locally and swapped my brakes and hubs to it.

All that in the bottom is/was a pinion bearing