Another 89 Regular Cab Long Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red interior is my favorite in the 88-94 trucks.

Honestly, the red interior doesn't do a lot for me. I was actually looking for a complete gray interior when I found the red buckets. For the $65. bucks I paid for the seats and console I decided I could live with red and the interior gets done much sooner than if I went to gray.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a 91 tach cluster today for $20 bucks. Got it home, moved three wires in the harness, ran a temp tach lead to test and everything works. Hoping to get the rest of the wiring finished up this week and get the dash back in it.
You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update time..

Got the correct bumper installed. It's not quite as clean as the step side bumper but for $10 bucks I'm not gonna complain. The step side bumper is going up for sale on Craigslist soon. The bed of the truck is acting as storage for the new subfloor and walls that are going in our master bathroom (another project that's been going on for far too long, I'll be glad when that **** is done!)

Today I was able to get all of the wiring squared away in the cab and the dash will go back in soon (hopefully). Got the connector soldered in for the HVAC controls and tested. Also got the tach lead soldered in and tested and added to the harness. Installed the factory correct rear speaker harness and main power source wiring for the stereo (PO hacked the crap out of the factory stereo wiring) that is going back in it. Just have some cleaning to do before the dash goes back in. All of the blend door actuators have been checked out and replaced as necessary.

Got the new multi-function switch installed and the steering wheel back on. Only item left to functionally test is the cruise control.

Every single ground point on the truck has been inspected and repaired as necessary. The TBI unit was nasty as hell so I cleaned that up with some Berryman's and also power washed the engine compartment. Changed the oil and a bunch of other small ****...

Been keeping a daily watch on Craigslist for some stock 18" GMC wheels that I want to put on it. I figure with Christmas coming there's gonna be GI's in our area getting new wheels & tires for their trucks and hopefully land a good deal on the wheels I want.

Still got a lot to do...little by little.

Last edited: