Another 4 wheel drive problem, 4 high but no 4 low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zgraham

Reaction score
I just bought a '95 Z-71 with the 241 transfer case. I can get 4 high to work but not 4 low. Also the lights around the shifter do not work in either 4 high or low. What should I check first to get the 4 low to engage and what can I do to fix the lights? Thanks in advance for the help

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to get the simple stuff out of the way... You did put the truck in neutral then push 4 low right?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or pull it into 4 low rather. The floor mount T-case bezel has 194 bulbs under it and the one of the bulbs just burned out most likely.

zgraham

Reaction score
I put it in neutral and the lever went all the way forward, but just the back wheels were spinning.

zgraham

Reaction score
The lights work, they are just not showing when it is in 4 wheel drive.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since 4 high works it should illuminate the area on the bezel unless the bulbs out. There are a few bulbs in there.

Now since 4 high works the front actuator is obviously working too.

On my 91 I always had to go in reverse and drive a few times then it would be engaged.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is you have a bad/worn low range shift fork in the T—Case.