Aftermarket Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic df2x4

Gonna warn you, I tried those same tails with LED bulb replacements and really did not like the look. It's hard to explain but the shape of the reflector just didn't work right with the output from the LED's. Looked totally different with the regular incandescent bulbs. The LED's made them sort of look...I dunno...for lack of a better term, googly-eyed. Your results may vary.

I was using projector-style LED's from Autolumination, which have worked well in pretty much every other housing I've tried including 300C SRT8, Magnum SRT8, and the OEM 2003-2006 GMT800 housings which the ones you bought are sort of inspired by.

Richard

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll see what I can do in the way of testing before ordering the LEDs then. I'm away from home right now and the tail lights are sitting in a box waiting for me. I feel like I might have signals in the front that will fit in the back so I'll try those out first if I can.