Aftermarket Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've upgraded my tail lights with ANZO USA 211140, and I'm buying some LED lights to put in them. My third brake light also looks like **** so I wanted to upgrade that, likely with some LEDs too, but I can't find anything I like. I just want something that will match these taillights. ANZO USA 531029 looks like it would be great but it's for 99-07. Has anyone moded this one to fit? Or does anyone have any suggestions of something else to buy? Thanks.

Tail lights I have now, going to be LED bubls in them soon:
You must be registered for see images

Third brake light for 99-07, anyone know of a nice red plastic one for a 98?
You must be registered for see images

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the smoked version on my red truck and like it a lot.

Yea I was looking at the smoked one, figured that wouldn't look too bad with the colour of my truck. You like it though eh? Some reviews on Amazon were saying that it's not very bright.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea I was looking at the smoked one, figured that wouldn't look too bad with the colour of my truck. You like it though eh? Some reviews on Amazon were saying that it's not very bright.

Yup, plenty bright for my needs! I'd take some pics but the red truck is currently in storage across town. The cargo lights aren't quite as bright as the factory ones were, but I hardly ever use them anyway so it doesn't bother me. The brake lights, even though it's only six LEDs, are bright enough that I can see the reflection off the lid of my toolbox very clearly when I step on the pedal.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, plenty bright for my needs! I'd take some pics but the red truck is currently in storage across town. The cargo lights aren't quite as bright as the factory ones were, but I hardly ever use them anyway so it doesn't bother me. The brake lights, even though it's only six LEDs, are bright enough that I can see the reflection off the lid of my toolbox very clearly when I step on the pedal.

Ah ok maybe it was just the cargo light people weren't happy with. And yea who really depends on that anyway, I usually have at least 2 flashlights in my truck at all times haha.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah ok maybe it was just the cargo light people weren't happy with. And yea who really depends on that anyway, I usually have at least 2 flashlights in my truck at all times haha.

Same here. I've had 2D LED MagLites in the consoles of both of my trucks for years. Come to think of it, probably about time to change the batteries in those...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just dug through my imgur account and found a picture with that smoked Anzo installed. No pics of it lit up, but should at least give you an idea of how it looks on the truck. I thought it was pretty sharp looking with my Anzo 211140 tails that I got lightly smoked up at the body shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna warn you, I tried those same tails with LED bulb replacements and really did not like the look. It's hard to explain but the shape of the reflector just didn't work right with the output from the LED's. Looked totally different with the regular incandescent bulbs. The LED's made them sort of look...I dunno...for lack of a better term, googly-eyed. Your results may vary.

I was using projector-style LED's from Autolumination, which have worked well in pretty much every other housing I've tried including 300C SRT8, Magnum SRT8, and the OEM 2003-2006 GMT800 housings which the ones you bought are sort of inspired by.

Richard