Aftermarket fuel injection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
From Summit Racing on eBay:

Ram Jet for Vortec Heads.

$1,589.95 + $12.95 shipping

GM Performance 12498032 Multi-Point Fuel Injection, Ram Jet Vortec, Speed Density, 1,000 cfm, Chevy, Small Block, Kit

Product Code: NAL-12498032
Manufacturer: GM Performance
UPC: N/A
Condition: New

These GM Performance Ram Jet Vortec fuel injection kits will allow you to put fuel injection on your old hot rod. They are designed for use on cast iron vortec and aluminum fastburn cylinder heads. The fuel injection kits include the following:

+ Ignition coil
+ Ignition wire assembly
+ Intake manifold
+ Electronic distributor
+ Knock sensor
+ Throttle body
+ Fuel injection rails
+ Injectors
+ MAP sensor
+ Fuel pressure regulator

+ Requires the use of and aftermarket wiring harness along with an aftermarket ECM.

I would think if you can get a hold of a marine intake, it would be cheaper to go that way depending on what you got with it, but for being brand new and getting all the goodies with it, the price doesnt seem so bad.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not a vortec motor, this truck had a 4.3 in it when i bought it. Drove it for 3 days and pulled it out to start the swap with the 355, alumnium headed, carb'd GenI small block.
You must be registered for see images attach

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i read all about it right after posting that on FSC, i think i have convinced myself to buy another vortec bottom end 350, buy already machined and springed vortec heads to clear the cam i want, get the marine intake, do the 411 swap and efi live, then i can put her all together and watch some people cry at the sand dunes lol

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Um Your at the point where Id say go get a 6.0 with a 4l80e or the manual, and do that swap, it will be one large upfront cost, but youll be able to make more power later if that 6-0 isnt enough... Otherwise your basically gonna need to rebuild the entire engine, and add a super/turbo setup to get to that power range...

I would really think about that one before sinking all the cash into a 350...

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah im all about the 350. im just not a fan of the ls motors. at least not in this truck. its like lowered or lifted difference to me, i just prefer lifted

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what did you do about egr? what did you do for deleting the computer from running the engine? If you are going to go fuel injected, i would definitely look for a set up that is tunable not something that comes with its own tune and "you don't have to tune or need to tune" that tells me they put some options in there own ecms and they don't want you changing them. The beauty about fuel injection is how controlable and effiecient you can tune a motor to be.

Since you already have a nice carb'd motor, it seems like alot of money to go back to efi, but its your truck. i think Accell has a nice ram air system and i think GMPP has the ramjet kit for nonvortec motors like yours. Have you looked at those?

Why did you rule out the SC?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what did you do about egr? what did you do for deleting the computer from running the engine? If you are going to go fuel injected, i would definitely look for a set up that is tunable not something that comes with its own tune and "you don't have to tune or need to tune" that tells me they put some options in there own ecms and they don't want you changing them. The beauty about fuel injection is how controlable and effiecient you can tune a motor to be.

Since you already have a nice carb'd motor, it seems like alot of money to go back to efi, but its your truck. i think Accell has a nice ram air system and i think GMPP has the ramjet kit for nonvortec motors like yours. Have you looked at those?

Why did you rule out the SC?

Are you asking me?

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes this thread got a little highjacked, sorry for the confusion i was asking you these questions, just trying to get back on target