Adray's 1999 Z28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new UMI sway bars! 35mm in front, 22mm in back.

You must be registered for see images

It'll probably be a little while before I get them on. I'm driving the car while my truck is down, plus I need to finish making room in the garage to store both my my and my dads car. I'll be sure to update when I put them on. Panhard bar and read control arms are next on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I apparently forgot to post that I put my sway bars on a couple weeks ago

Other than that, no progress other than being driven.

I do have a question, though. I bought some turn signal lenses and parking light lenses on eBay quite a while ago. I was able to put the turn signal lenses on pretty easily, but the screws for the parking lights are pretty much destroyed, so I left them off. I really want to get them on and change the bulb lights out so I can get closer to completing the outside look of my car. Any suggestions on what I can do to get the screws out?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what I can do to get the screws out?

Try a left handed drill bit. Most of the time on little screws like that itll grab and back the screw out. Just run it real slow while putting some umph into it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Meh, they're threaded into plastic. Use a Dremel cutoff wheel to make a slit for a regular screwdriver to fit into and it should twist right out.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still haven't messed with the reflectors, yet, I'm not quite sure when I'll get to those. I haven't done much of anything to the car lately, I've only driven it a couple of times since I got the truck running. I did take a couple pictures of it today, though.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took advantage of Black Friday and got a rear suspension kit containing an adjustable panhard bar and lower control arms from UMI performance. I'm working today and next Monday for triple time, so some of the extra money from that will be getting me some long tube headers from Texas Speed and Performance. I'll have some goodies going on the car soon.

That being said, I think my rear end is grinding a bit every now and then, so I maybe be needing a new rear end soon. I'll be opening up the differential to change the fluid whenever I stop being lazy, I'll inspect everything then. Finger crossed it's not garbage, haha

Last edited:

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of progress, but I ended up checking out the rear end and changing the fluid. Everything looked fine, but I haven't driven it yet, I haven't even lowered it from the jack stands yet.

That being said, I figured I'd put my panhard bar and rear control arms while I had the car up. I took off the panhard bar and realized it didn't come with new hardware, so I ordered new nuts and bolts yesterday, so when I get those I'll go ahead and throw the new stuff on.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was also pretty close to buying 1 3/4" headers from Texas Speed, but in putting my diff cover back on I realized the I really don't trust my craftman torque wrench, the clicker is going out. So, I used the header money and bought a new Snap-On Techangle. I figured if I'm going to be doing the engine work myself, I should get something nice that will last forever.

So, cliff notes version is:
-Rear end looks fine and has new fluid
-Started putting on new suspension, but stopped until I get shiny new nuts and bolts. Should be able to finish up next week
-Blew my header money on a fancy new toy

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got most of the hardware I need to finish up the rear suspension. The only things that I don't have New are the washers for the rear control arms, I'm hoping I can hit the old ones with a wire brush to clean them up a bit and reuse them.

I installed my panhard bar today, and I'm hoping to start the control arms on Thursday before work and finish them up after work or on Friday.