Adray's 1999 Z28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason I got a truck, and why I joined this forum. is because I wanted something to get me through the winter and to drive when my car is down.

I have a navy blue metallic 1999 Camaro Z28. It has about 191,3XX miles on the body, but the previous owner swapped in a crate LS1 at about 140,000 miles. It also had a 4L60e that was built by RPM Transmissions, but on my way to school one day I started to lose gears 3 and 4, so I got a stock rebuild on that probably about 7-8,000 miles ago.

Other than the transmission rebuild, the only things I have done to the car were install an SLP air lid, and install drilled and slotted rotors, Hawks HPS pads on the rear, stainless steel, braided brake hoses, and paint the rear calipers red. I haven't done the fronts yet because I was pressed for time, and my tools are at work, but I have all of the same parts for the front that I did to the rear. I also have a billet grille insert from 6LE, new headlights from Blackbird Lighting Solutions, and once a payment on PayPal comes through, I'll be ordering UMI swaybars.

Other current plans are:
- UMI adjustable pan hard bar and lower control arms
- 1 7/8 Long tube headers from Texas Speed and Performance
- True dual exhaust system from Texas Speed and Performance
- Port and polished LS6 intake
- Built, port and polished 243 heads
- SI5 231/237 cam from Speed Inc.
- Yank 3600 stall
- Tune from Speed Inc.

I'm sure things may change a bit, but those are my plans for now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Nice! I've always really like the catfish Camaro's, and I think they are the cheapest way to go fast. I don't know why more people aren't onto them.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! These have been one of my dream cars since I was 5 or 6, I remember being really bummed out when my dad told me they stopped making them way back when. My currently planned build won't be super high horsepower, it'll probably get me to about 400-430ish horsepower, but I want to work my way up to higher power levels.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
My dad had a 35th anniversary Camaro It was a cool car, I hope you have some anti theft device on her, id say 60-70% of the people I know that have/had a Camaro got theres stolen. I knew 3 other people with a 35th anniversary, and all 3 of them got theres stolen. hell I knew a guy who had a 6cyl, he had his jacked.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had to bypass the current VATS system, but I do plan on getting an aftermarket system on it when I can.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I dont know if you seen these, I run em on every car/truck I own. steering column lock

ive had a couple attempts, they have never been successful, http://simjack.com:8185/ his website sucks, so I just email him and ask him what hes got.

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
might look at 1 3/4" headers instead of the 1 7/8". ls1's don't really need that big of a header. i run 1 3/4" mid-lengths on my cammed 6.0l and it's not holding it back any, still puts down over 425rwhp. and instead of dumping money into the ls6 intake, sell it and buy a fast 92. you'll probably end up with less money spend and have a better intake that will grow with you.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I dont know if you seen these, I run em on every car/truck I own. steering column lock

ive had a couple attempts, they have never been successful, http://simjack.com:8185/ his website sucks, so I just email him and ask him what hes got.
well damn, I leave my keys in my ignition and my windows down all the time! That would be handy for column shift cars, however I own none of those haha

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
well damn, I leave my keys in my ignition and my windows down all the time! That would be handy for column shift cars, however I own none of those haha

it blocks the Ignition, doesent matter where the shifter is, although he does sell locks that lock in floor shifters too.

Maybe you might want to move lol.

yea, I should move, its a work in progress. .... I know people who leave there keys in the ignition, ive just been in enough situations where **** has been stolen or attempted, home robberies attempted break ins, I just keep it all locked up.