adjusting steering gearbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess this goes here? if not mods feel free to move. anywho, on my 1998 k2500 i have a little slop in the steering gearbox and was gonna tighten it up a bit by loosening the jam nut on the top cover and tightening the "stud" down a little...i messed with that thing for a while but can't figure out what size the stud is? and is it an allen or torx? any help is much appreciated. thanks!

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
figured it out, the adjusting "stud" is a 3/16" allen and the jam nut is a 16mm.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After you do it once, you are going to have to keep on doing it, I did that to mine, and it helps, but then it just wears out faster it seemed like, so I purchased a new one.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o really? huh i'll keep an eye on it. i love how much tighter it made the steering! definitely noticeable

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you tighten the stud, is it Counter or Clockwise? And is it just a feel adjustment?