Adjustable shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys i am working on my 91 c3500 and doing a flip kit on the rear axle right now. i took out the overloads and doing a set of 2600 bags over the axle to help with the weight. i tow a gooseneck and other bumper pull trailers with this truck. i want to run a Adjustable style shock. i have used 2 different ones in the past on other projectors. i have used the Rancho RS9000XL and just used a set of QA1 Street Star on another truck. i haven't used a set for towing before. my though's were i could switch them for a little nicer ride for when running without a trailer. but then firm them up when loaded. anyone ever run something like this or something similar?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Thoughts? Shocks don't contribute much to the spring rate at all, that will be the dominating factor in how it rides empty. The shock merely controls the spring oscillation, however gas shocks add a tiny bit to the spring rate, from what I have read, 75 pounds/ inch is about maximum.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just looking for ride control. we use adjustable shocks on bagged trucks to control the ride. when im loaded i just want the rebound to be tighter. say hitting a dip in the road i dont get a death bounce. but driveing empty i want a nicer ride. kinda like having a 1/2 ton truck shock and a 1 ton shock in one lol. im not looking for the shock to help support the weight.