Actual Engine Install, Whats the Secret?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and a buddy tried installing the LS today, and just couldn't make it happen. We angled it left to right, up and down, and just couldn't get it. For one, the throwout bearing kept getting knocked off the fork. We are considering taking out the NV4500 and the transfer case, but I'm thinking it can be done with them left in and maybe installing the bellhousing on the transmission.

What are your guys secret to this?

Thanks,

Nick

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me and a buddy tried installing the LS today, and just couldn't make it happen. We angled it left to right, up and down, and just couldn't get it. For one, the throwout bearing kept getting knocked off the fork. We are considering taking out the NV4500 and the transfer case, but I'm thinking it can be done with them left in and maybe installing the bellhousing on the transmission.

What are your guys secret to this?

Thanks,

Nick
Voodoo.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just kidding. Are you using a 1" setback mount?
Im using the Dirty Dingo sliding mounts. Im going ahead with the idea of mounting the bellhousing on the transmission. Ill be installing the engine tomorrow.

I appreciate the humor and reply:)

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So putting the bellhousing on the transmission was the route to go. I measured the distance between the transmission mounting surface and the Dirty Dingo engine mount and got the correct location where to lockdown the mounts. Also, there may be a stud near the #8 coil pack. Remove this to avoid nicking up your firewall paint. One more thing, there is a bolt in the block on the drivers side, right where the mount is going to need to be. Go ahead and remove that.

Nick