A Decent Single out Exhaust system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon_

Reaction score
So, I have my 1995 Chevy 1500 5.7 and i was wondering if there is any good single out systems you guy would suggest, and if you have any sound clips that would be awesome, i'm just not a big fan on dual exhaust systems, let me know and see what you guys got!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 3" single out cat-back system from Gibson on my red truck that I really like. Just aluminized, no stainless or anything fancy. It's been on there about six or seven years and it's holding up just fine. Red truck's a V6 so sound clips probably won't do you any good, sorry. It's a nice throaty sound that doesn't have a whole lot of drone in the cab. There's a little, but it's very tolerable. I've taken many multiple hour road trips in it and it never irritates me.

Assuming that you have an extended cab short bed, (which is what your avatar picture appears to be) here's the equivalent Gibson parts to mine that would fit your truck.

Aluminized ($439.06 at Summit Racing):

http://gibsonperformance.com/i-22729941-cat-back-single-exhaust-system-aluminized-315576.html

Stainless if you want to get fancy ($575.56 at Summit):

http://gibsonperformance.com/i-22730430-cat-back-single-exhaust-system-stainless-615576.html

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Search on you tube for sound clips.

Get a straight through muffler like magnaflow or Jones max flow

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Dynomax Ultraflow 3" in/out. Trust me! 14" case if you like to hear it, 20" case if you want it quiet inside.

brilamb2

Reaction score
being up in Canada you can get all the stuff from AP exhaust, here's your part numbers.....
93972 - crossover w/ 3" out
vx3043 - muffler (3" offset/offset, exact same as a Flowmaster 40)
126584 - tailpipe.
biggest thing is it 4wd or 2wd.

I work for a warehouse that stocks the parts, and trust me they are a lot cheaper than any system you can find online, and sound good
same system i run on my 94 c1500 and love the sound
message me if you have any questions

*edited for spelling*

Last edited:

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I got a 3" in/3" out glass pack off summit. Then a 2-3/4" tailpipe exiting at the stock location. Sounds a bit raspy at WOT, but otherwise, I like it. Nice deep rumble. No drone at all.

135 Honolulu

Reaction score
being up in Canada you can get all the stuff from AP exhaust, here's your part numbers.....
126584 - tailpipe.

I work for a warehouse that stocks the parts, and trust me they are a lot cheaper than any system you can find online, and sound good

*edited for spelling*

are you running a cat, still?
126584 - tailpipe.

*edited for spelling*