A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Is that the stock 5.3 A/C bracket? Any probs getting that A/C to work?
Does your truck have cruise control? If so, is it working after the swap?

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that the stock 5.3 A/C bracket? Any probs getting that A/C to work?
Does your truck have cruise control? If so, is it working after the swap?

That's actually Holley's R4 compressor LS adapter bracket pn# 20-133. The stock 5.3 (and probably all LS series engines) ac compressor is on the bottom of the passenger side. You can use it, but you'll have to notch and box the frame for it to fit. Depending on which accessory setup you go with, you'll have to get a spacer kit for the adapter to work. I used holley's pn# 21-3 because I'm using all of the rest of the stock 5.3 accessories. There's 3 different spacings depending on your choice of accessory setups (corvette spacing, Camaro spacing, and truck spacing). They also have a bracket for the newer style (sanden?) compressors, which is pn# 20-134. You need the spacers, regardless of which bracket you use. My ac works great, although I'm needing to add a wire to the harness, so the pcm knows to bump up the rpm's a bit when the ac is powered on.

Now to your next question. My truck did have factory cruise. I'm actually in the process of trying to make it work. The cruise module box is actually a 2 part box, the front black plastic half is where the pigtail plugs in, and the actual computer board is. The back aluminum half is the actual gadgets and gizmos that work the throttle cable. I just picked up a cruise module w/cable from a 2001 5.3 pick up, and I'm going to try and use my original front plastic/electronic part piece with the metal back piece. I'll update as i progress, with pictures.

Last edited: