A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The swap is very easy to do. The wiring is pretty straight forward.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks intimidating, but after a week or two of "home schooling" and studying its not that bad. its actually more patients work than skill work

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had Ken Wolkens do my harness. the wiring really isnt hard. and you wont find all the solutions for your snags on any of these pages. you just gotta try to figure it out. thats what i did for a lot of the stuff with mine. BUT i did also find a bunch of help on here as well. and yes i will be doing a full build thread. actually just adding it to my existing built thread. i just need to get all my receipts and part numbers together so i can post exactly what i did and didnt use. I say "didnt" because there was probably $300 worth of stuff i purchased, that alot of people had on there build threads, that are completely useless to mine.

Dans94Chevy

Reaction score
What is that color air intake off of?? Im starting my 98 Z71 6.0 swap next week.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice swap, clean and factory looking. A 5.3 swap is a good investment as far as reliability and power are concerned. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
i had Ken Wolkens do my harness. the wiring really isnt hard. and you wont find all the solutions for your snags on any of these pages. you just gotta try to figure it out. thats what i did for a lot of the stuff with mine. BUT i did also find a bunch of help on here as well. and yes i will be doing a full build thread. actually just adding it to my existing built thread. i just need to get all my receipts and part numbers together so i can post exactly what i did and didnt use. I say "didnt" because there was probably $300 worth of stuff i purchased, that alot of people had on there build threads, that are completely useless to mine.
Looking forward to the thread!

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you went from the 700r4 to the 4l60e correct?

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to respond. Yes, i went from the original 700r4 that was in the truck, to the new 4l60e that came with the motor. I used the 1" setback transdapt motor mount adapter plates like I've seen on a lot of other people's threads. This ended up making me have to drill new holes in the frame for the tranny cross member 1" behind the original holes. But the crossmember bolted right up to the new trans, and the trucks original driveshaft worked as well. I've got a set of standard motor mount plates that I'll be swapping in here shortly when i install my new 243 heads. Reason being, is since this thread started, I've installed the schoenfeld longtubes headers that are for LS motors in 88-98 trucks. Their website says they're compatible with the standard transdapt plates. Since i used the 1" set back (which caused me to drill new holes for the tranny cross member), my headers are also sitting against the firewall heat shield. I get a metallic vibrating noise at idle, and hard acceleration. The standard plates will bring it forward enough to clear. Plus it will set the mechanical cooling fan further into the fan shroud, where i think it should be.

Last edited: