'99 yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm back. Unfortunately I had to get rid of the 454. Had some financial struggles happen, and had no other choice. I sold it, and had to drive a beater '95 Camry with 250,000 miles on it. Life was rough for a minute. Ha ha. But I'm back, and got another Gmt400. I went back to the yukon life. It's a' 99 SLT. It needs some love, but I'm happy with it. It's already got a 4" lift on it. I have no clue what brand, but I'll post some pictures and see if any of you guys can tell me. I picked it up for $2000 and feel as if it was well worth it. It's got 160k on the clock. Runs great, though. I think the trans might be on borrowed time, but it's still going right now. Here are some pictures.

When I bought it
You must be registered for see images attach

Now, bigger tires and different wheels

Last edited:

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and the lift...

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Hmm....looks homemade lol.

I'd say that's a good buy for that price. What are your plans for it besides an eventual transmission?

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm....looks homemade lol.

I'd say that's a good buy for that price. What are your plans for it besides an eventual transmission?
Ha ha ha! Ya know, when I first saw it, I thought the same thing. But I'm starting to think it's one of those old "trailmaster" lifts. I don't really know what my plans are at this point. 315/75R16s and exhaust for sure. And them I'll probably do another roof rack like on the old yukon. But other than that, I'm not sure. I'd like to do some fender flares, and just fix the body and interior up a little. Just a good camping vehicle that I can load the whole family up in, and have some fun.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I do have a question... Would it be any different to out a 3" body lift on this truck since it has the 4" suspension already? Or would it just be the same as putting one on a stock truck?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm back. Unfortunately I had to get rid of the 454. Had some financial struggles happen, and had no other choice. I sold it, and had to drive a beater '95 Camry with 250,000 miles on it. Life was rough for a minute. Ha ha. But I'm back, and got another Gmt400. I went back to the yukon life. It's a' 99 SLT. It needs some love, but I'm happy with it. It's already got a 4" lift on it. I have no clue what brand, but I'll post some pictures and see if any of you guys can tell me. I picked it up for $2000 and feel as if it was well worth it. It's got 160k on the clock. Runs great, though. I think the trans might be on borrowed time, but it's still going right now. Here are some pictures.

When I bought it

Now, bigger tires and different wheels

Looking good. As far as the trans goes, might I suggest a drain and fill of fluid, change filter, add a Corvette servo and a separate trans cooler. It's all that it may need, if you don't dog it that is.

Nothing wrong with a Camry, my last beater was an '01 Camry 5 speed with over 300k in it ! I just kept it Clean !?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That Camry is better looking than mine. Ha ha. Do you think doing that with the trans will really help it? I almost feel like it has torque converter lock up issues, and clutch pack issues. The fluid is fairly clean. But it jump from OD back into 3rd,and back to OD clear up at 65-70mph

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That Camry is better looking than mine. Ha ha. Do you think doing that with the trans will really help it? I almost feel like it has torque converter lock up issues, and clutch pack issues. The fluid is fairly clean. But it jump from OD back into 3rd,and back to OD clear up at 65-70mph
It almost sounds like it's a clogged filter. In all honestly would not hurt to do those things to it. Even if it we're a converter issue, those upgrades and a filter change all shouldn't be more than $150 in parts. $50 universal trans cooler, $40 corvette servo, $60 trans fluid and filter.

When I did my 5.3 swap in my '94 W/T, I had to find another trans cause the original one to the truck was shot. I bought a used 4l60e, supposedly off an '98 S-10 with 125k miles on it , from Craigslist. It was off the vehicle and being sold separately so who knows how many miles. Oil was clean and I picked it up for $120. It was a 50/50 chance it would be bad but took the chance cause I needed my truck running. I changed the fluid and filter, which were clean and no excessive metal particles in the oil, upgraded to the corvette servo, and almost 15k since the swap, the trans is holding up pretty well. I haven't done the trans cooler yet but will do so shortly.

Last edited:

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It almost sounds like it's a clogged filter. In all honestly would not hurt to do those things to it. Even if it we're a converter issue, those upgrades and a filter change all shouldn't be more than $150 in parts. $50 universal trans cooler, $40 corvette servo, $60 trans fluid and filter.

When I did my 5.3 swap in my '94 W/T, I had to find another trans cause the original one to the truck was shot. I bought a used 4l60e, supposedly off an '98 S-10 with 125k miles on it , from Craigslist. It was off the vehicle and being sold separately so who knows how many miles. Oil was clean and I picked it up for $120. It was a 50/50 chance it would be bad but took the chance cause I needed my truck running. I changed the fluid and filter, which were clean and no excessive metal particles in the oil, upgraded to the corvette servo, and almost 15k since the swap, the trans is holding up pretty well. I haven't done the trans cooler yet but will do so shortly.

Ok. I will give that a try. What's the reasoning for the corvette servo? And what year will work?