99 Yukon rear shocks have springs on them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this normal? My yukon has some sort of coils on the rear shocks. It is leaf spring. Is there a name for this setup? do I keep them when I add new shocks?

I'll grab a pic when I get home

Thanks

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
yea, there load equalizer shocks, same theory as air shocks but with a constant load that you dont have to adjust when you lose air pressure.

There usually pretty pricey shocks so somebody stuck some money into it at one point.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea, there load equalizer shocks, same theory as air shocks but with a constant load that you dont have to adjust when you lose air pressure.

There usually pretty pricey shocks so somebody stuck some money into it at one point.

Cool thanks,

yea there is some interesting stuff on this yukon like slotted and drilled rotors and painted calipers.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, they're probably not all that expensive. I know Monroe makes some, so yeah.

But to answer your question, no, you don't need to keep anything from them if you replace your shocks. They're a one-piece deal.

tommypvt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea just looked on amazon about $100 for a pair. Not terrible. Helps with squatting when towing most people said on the reviews.

I feel like I know a ton about cars but once in a while stuff like this just catches me. "Why would this guy put coilovers on the rears?" I have mostly worked on foreign cars and jeeps so some of the chevy stuff takes me a minute