99 tahoe backfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Victorthadon

Reaction score
Hey can anyone help me with a 99 tahoe backfire I'm going to post a video but first let me explain. I have changed fuel pump, upper intake manifold gaskets, lower intake manifold gaskets, distributor, ignition coil,tps,iac,maf,iat,sparkplugs,wires,crankshaft position sensor,did a new oil change every single fluid is replaced idk I'm breaking my head for 8 months ima bout to jus throw out the whole truck :/

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT ENGINE?

Have you tested those components before replacing them? Did the new replacements change anything?

WHEN does it backfire? Acceleration? Coasting? Engine cold? Engine hot? Low speed? High speed? A few times a month, or every six seconds as long as the engine is running?

What is the fuel pressure?

What is the cam/crank sensor alignment?

Does the electronic spark advance work?

Any chance you've got a wiped cam lobe and one or more exhaust valves doesn't open?

Any chance you've got a non-sealing intake valve that allows combustion pressure back into the intake manifold?