'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guy I purchased them from had first dibs if I didn't like them. He bought them back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I need to find a smooth diesel/tahoe limited/tahoe z71 bumper along with a 2014 rear bumper with backup sensors (I have an idea for those), and paint those, my fender flares, and my grille and basically I'll have it looking how I want outside minus wheels and lights.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't done anything new yet to the Suburban, but I taught my little brother How to wash a vehicle by letting him watch me as I talked him through the steps, then let him wash the truck he'll be driving to school next year. I have to say he did a great job for his first time!
My swirl remover kit from Killerwaxx came in and I gave it a try today on my rear quarter panel. I'm very pleased with how the compounds performed.
I'm also looking at getting a new steering wheel and ran across a nice grant wheel I like. I'll need to paint my airbag to make it look better, anyone know the sem color for the graphite pieces in the interior?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my NBS electric fans in the suburban. I have the upper mounts ziptied for now until I can make a bracket for it, but it is not going anywhere. The bottom seems secure but I still may put the bolts in where the lower fan shroud was bolted up. The lower radiator hose is bent a little more than I'd like, but I think it'll be fine until I test to make sure everything works as it should.

All I have left is wiring and waiting for my pcm to come in.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good! A cover plate is easy to make. I just bent a piece of sheet metal and used the radiator bracket holes to hold the cover. I can get more pics of mine if you need/want them.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good! A cover plate is easy to make. I just bent a piece of sheet metal and used the radiator bracket holes to hold the cover. I can get more pics of mine if you need/want them.

That looks very clean! Did you cut off the top mounts for the fans? I had the idea of doing something similar with the factory plastic shroud. And did you use the factory 05-07 harness?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks very clean! Did you cut off the top mounts for the fans? I had the idea of doing something similar with the factory plastic shroud. And did you use the factory 05-07 harness?

Thanks. I did cut the top mounts off the fans. I used the factory wiring for the fans.i didn't have to modify or extend the wiring at all. I would recommend upgrading your cables and such if you haven't. The fans pull some power. I have the fan fuse box sitting under my pcm. You're running the 411, correct? If so it'll control both fan triggers, you'll just need to pin the wires in the correct spots.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I did cut the top mounts off the fans. I used the factory wiring for the fans.i didn't have to modify or extend the wiring at all. I would recommend upgrading your cables and such if you haven't. The fans pull some power. I have the fan fuse box sitting under my pcm. You're running the 411, correct? If so it'll control both fan triggers, you'll just need to pin the wires in the correct spots.

Okay, I like that! Where did you pull an ignition hot from and for the ground would it be okay to run it to the battery?