'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta get that Cmp within +/- 2 degrees with the engine idled up to 1000-1200 rpm. I've always done it this way. Never had a problem!
That's what I know, but for some reason I'm reading -40, even when I rev up. I'm just wondering if I need to have a case relearn done to make it read right? Doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
That's what I know, but for some reason I'm reading -40, even when I rev up. I'm just wondering if I need to have a case relearn done to make it read right? Doesn't make sense.

Might help. I've never timed one with a 411 pcm before. Crank/cam relearn might do the trick! You can do that with a decent scan tool.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might help. I've never timed one with a 411 pcm before. Crank/cam relearn might do the trick! You can do that with a decent scan tool.
I was going to go by my buddies shop but he said they're slammed right now. Then the community college has a tech 2 but they said you have to log on to gm servers to do that (I'm not sure they know what I'm talking about either)

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I was going to go by my buddies shop but he said they're slammed right now. Then the community college has a tech 2 but they said you have to log on to gm servers to do that (I'm not sure they know what I'm talking about either)

I don't think they do either. It's under special test on my Mac Genesis 5. Basically get it up to temp, press start and WOT when it tells you and that's it.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think they do either. It's under special test on my Mac Genesis 5. Basically get it up to temp, press start and WOT when it tells you and that's it.
I figured that's all you had to do. They thought I was changing the tuning on it. Maybe I should go back and explain to the "automotive teachers" how their $2k tool works [emoji23]

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got both fogs painted, restored the lenses, and installed! Now to get led bulbs, pigtails, and wire them to the oem switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Got both fogs painted, restored the lenses, and installed! Now to get led bulbs, pigtails, and wire them to the oem switch.

Nice work cleaning those up. Have you thought about clearcoating them before reinstalling?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work cleaning those up. Have you thought about clearcoating them before reinstalling?
I have, I just wanted to see how long they last. They're very simple to remove. 2 push clips and the adjustment tab is all.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I have, I just wanted to see how long they last. They're very simple to remove. 2 push clips and the adjustment tab is all.

Another question...what is the color temp of the LED's, and how does it compare to the color temp of your headlights?