'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Few questions about the 0411, leaving my post o2 sensors plugged in after having them deleted from the pcm willing hurt anything would it? And is it possible that my distributor gear is worn, causing it to misfire and buck? It did misfire before the pcm swap, but seems like it worsened after installing the 0411.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Few questions about the 0411, leaving my post o2 sensors plugged in after having them deleted from the pcm willing hurt anything would it? And is it possible that my distributor gear is worn, causing it to misfire and buck? It did misfire before the pcm swap, but seems like it worsened after installing the 0411.

Have you replaced it before? How many miles are on it? Its very possible

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to pull it to inspect it and take the cap back that I bought yesterday. Crazy that a cap is 40 bucks and you can get a billet distributor with rotor and cap for 60.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I'm going to pull it to inspect it and take the cap back that I bought yesterday. Crazy that a cap is 40 bucks and you can get a billet distributor with rotor and cap for 60.

Might as well go ahead and change it, with that many miles it probably wont be long before it does start giving you fits. I had to swap mine at around 207k because it had the knife edge thing going on.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might as well go ahead and change it, with that many miles it probably wont be long before it does start giving you fits. I had to swap mine at around 207k because it had the knife edge thing going on.
It's not too expensive either. Justin at blackbear said the case relearn will not help anything so it's either that distributor or a bad coil.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The teeth on the distributor were eat up pretty badly. I ordered a new billet distributor with everything included, hopefully this was my issue!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my distributor gear.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my distributor gear.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'd say she's wore out. Those new distributors are good quality but I would still change the cap and rotor to a Delco. My experience with after market caps had made me prejudiced against them. Everyone I had burned through and crossfired within relatively short period of time.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say she's wore out. Those new distributors are good quality but I would still change the cap and rotor to a Delco. My experience with after market caps had made me prejudiced against them. Everyone I had burned through and crossfired within relatively short period of time.
I'll do that once I get it running right. If this doesn't fix my misfiring and bucking, I guess the ignition coil is next in line.