'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I found out that I'll be graduating this spring, which is a semester earlier than I anticipated. This means I'll be able to save up and get a "new" truck by this time next year after working a full time job.
I'm already eyeing a white k2500 ccsb in town that has sat at my friend's neighbors' house for the past several months. I stopped by to talk to the guy about it when I seen it out in a store parking lot and he said he just had a new transmission put in it. He said his daughter will be wanting to get a jeep after she gets her license next year, so he'll be ready to sell it at about the same time I'll be ready to buy one. I haven't taken a very close look at it, but it seems like it's in excellent shape from what I saw.
You must be registered for see images attach

Decent!

I figured by the time I swapped in a lq9, I'd need to beef up the 4l60e or swap in a 4l80e, then I'd need a 14 bolt rear as well which is money I could put towards a 2500 that already has the transmission and rear end to handle the power better.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's understandable.
I could have the 350 fully rebuilt(hot tanked, honed, re-gasketed, etc. etc.) for a little under 1K; rebuild the 4L60E in it now to 4L65E standards for a little under $1,350, rebuild transfer case and throw in a 14 Bolt SF, the list goes on and on but my wallet does not.

So instead, I dump money into my K2500 until it's new.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are there any how to's on removing the fog light buckets on the tahoe z71/limited? Was going to buy some off a guy but I couldn't get them out.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are there any how to's on removing the fog light buckets on the tahoe z71/limited? Was going to buy some off a guy but I couldn't get them out.

@Z71Hobbs any suggestions?

If you don't want them I'd be interested in them for the right price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Z71Hobbs any suggestions?

If you don't want them I'd be interested in them for the right price.

Oh no, I meant a guy is selling them to me but we couldn't get them off. The screw from the bottom is off but something is catching it up top.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the picture it looks like a tab might be between the bumper and grille.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the picture it looks like a tab might be between the bumper and grille.

I believe that's just the filler panel between the bumper and grille.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take the bumper off if you need to get a better look. It's only 8 bolts lol. Does he still have the grille guard?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take the bumper off if you need to get a better look. It's only 8 bolts lol. Does he still have the grille guard?

Yes he does! He lives an hour away from me and it's too cold to mess with it now. I'm going to try to get with him another time to get it.