'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured it's time for a little update while the suburban is down. I haven't really done a whole lot to it other than driving and maintaining it.
I have built a custom air intake scoop that feeds into the factory intake tube that goes into the fender. I don't know how much it helps, if any, but it's something I haven't seen done before.
I managed to successfully do the nbs master cylinder swap and bought a second adapter that sealed up correctly and man does the pedal feel better! I feel much more confident with my brakes now.
Tonight driving to my buddies house, my throttle kept hanging up. I had to put it into neutral once and shut it off because it wanted to go and redline. Turns out the throttle cable is frayed badly and was getting caught in the guide. I shopped at several auto parts stores for a new one with zero luck so I'm going to have to go to a pull a part in the morning to get one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I dig the ram air intake, reminds me a lot of a cat-eye Duramax running around my town with no headlight for "improved" air flow; what pull a part do you go to? I've been to the one in Charlotte, the one in Winston Salem, and the LKQ yard in Charlotte as well;

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dig the ram air intake, reminds me a lot of a cat-eye Duramax running around my town with no headlight for "improved" air flow; what pull a part do you go to? I've been to the one in Charlotte, the one in Winston Salem, and the LKQ yard in Charlotte as well;
Thank you! There's the lkq in Greensboro I go to sometimes, and about 3 in Lexington and 1 in Thomasville I go to often.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thank you! There's the lkq in Greensboro I go to sometimes, and about 3 in Lexington and 1 in Thomasville I go to often.

3 yards in Lexington?? I didn't know that, what's the names of them? I've been meaning to go to the LKQ yard in Greensboro,

Tiki

Reaction score
Trading one set of problems for another going from gmt400 to gmt400. Get rid of those hideous tows and keep up with the regular maintenance.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trading one set of problems for another going from gmt400 to gmt400. Get rid of those hideous tows and keep up with the regular maintenance.
That's what I plan on doing now at this point. It has too many miles to really do too much to it and I'm realizing I need a truck more and more. But I plan to keep the tows on it, personal taste.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That's what I plan on doing now at this point. It has too many miles to really do too much to it and I'm realizing I need a truck more and more. But I plan to keep the tows on it, personal taste.

Never too many miles on anything to do a lot. Money is the true issue; I've been wanting to swap in a fresh Vortec 350 and a 4L65E in my old 97 with 251K for ***** and giggles.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found out that I'll be graduating this spring, which is a semester earlier than I anticipated. This means I'll be able to save up and get a "new" truck by this time next year after working a full time job.
I'm already eyeing a white k2500 ccsb in town that has sat at my friend's neighbors' house for the past several months. I stopped by to talk to the guy about it when I seen it out in a store parking lot and he said he just had a new transmission put in it. He said his daughter will be wanting to get a jeep after she gets her license next year, so he'll be ready to sell it at about the same time I'll be ready to buy one. I haven't taken a very close look at it, but it seems like it's in excellent shape from what I saw.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never too many miles on anything to do a lot. Money is the true issue; I've been wanting to swap in a fresh Vortec 350 and a 4L65E in my old 97 with 251K for ***** and giggles.
I figured by the time I swapped in a lq9, I'd need to beef up the 4l60e or swap in a 4l80e, then I'd need a 14 bolt rear as well which is money I could put towards a 2500 that already has the transmission and rear end to handle the power better.