99 350 vortec Gas in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flenniken7

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has had this issue before. And in site old be appreciated. I would love to not Chace ghosts around.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Information is key here. If you want good answers then we need good info. What is the mileage of the engine? How do you know there is gas in the oil. Is it physically in the oil or does the oil smell like gas? my 1991 C1500s oil smells like gas all the time, its a result of a poor PCV system. now if you physically have gas in the oil then id suspect something worse like rings bad or something

flenniken7

Reaction score
Physically has gad in oil ran kinda bad discovered some distributor patch work bs from previous owner. Swapped out the distributor fires up and runs ok. Idles fine bogs when you try to accelerate. Did an oil change thaught it looked thin and smelled like gas but not muddy, drove it again a few times still bogged down, checked the oil and it's over full and smells like gas. So I have to assume it's gas in there. I could understand rings, but I feel like it has to be getting too much fuel to be causing it not to just burn off.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
I have personally seen one of these trucks have a leaky intake gasket that would leak fuel into the oil. either that or something like a cracked head on the bottom of intake is cracked. (happened on my 95) and it leaked gas into the oil and ran like dog ****