98 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That's just a heartbreaking sight, everyone ok?
Good luck with the search for a CCSB, they're out there, but they're always there when you don't need one.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my back and neck beat up. The granny I'm not sure about. I couldn't see any visible injuries, but they took her to the hospital and she was still there a week later. That was according to her insurance adjuster though who also tried to tell me he had a witness saying I was speeding...which he didn't. They make stuff up to get you to admit wrong doing. The granny was cited for failure to yield and they assumed full responsibility. We are currently in the process of agreeing on my truck's value. They offered me $4300, but I have receipts for $3k in new parts so I refused.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news! Their insurance company is giving me a more than fair value for my truck, and I'm buying it back for $200! This is a win win for me. Now I can get a new one and just move the parts over. Everything I put into it is still good to go except for the aftermarket radiator and headlights.

I had every receipt for every part I put into it, and it DOUBLED the price. Hang onto those receipts guys.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if a 2wd truck has the same frame? There is a cheap low mile 2wd near me. Just wondering if my 4wd parts would swap right over.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Anyone know if a 2wd truck has the same frame? There is a cheap low mile 2wd near me. Just wondering if my 4wd parts would swap right over.

Unfortunately no, 2WD is entirely different than 4x4, nothing bolts up or swaps right over, you would have to graft your front section of the 4x4 frame onto the 2WD;

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bummer, oh well, there are some crap box 4wd's in the area. Just sold my dirt bike so now I'm chomping at the bit to get a 98 silverado and swap all my good parts over. Then I'd like to cut my old wrecked one in half and make a trailer out of the bed.