'98 Silverado Z71 "Town Pickup"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Pinstripe is on, turned out OK.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Been busy chasing kids and end of school activities. I did purchase and install an Escalade/Denali cluster, and haven't done much other than drive it.

Changed the oil last night and looked through the throttle body with a light and discovered it does have the updated spider, so that was a pleasant surprise. Today I ordered a new rag joint replacement and a full tune-up(cap, rotor, coil, wires, plugs). Decided to go with the rag joint for now, if I change my mind, I'll do the Flaming River FR1746DD u-joint later. Not really interested in gaining any vibrations or noise through my steering column at this time. I put an Astro shaft in my Z28 a few years ago, and while it does steer better, you definitely feel everything through the wheel. Also installed the trailer wiring to the pickup over my lunch hour today.

Spray-in bedliner, red LED's for the cluster and HVAC controls, and a smoothie front bumper are next on the list.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Put the new rag joint in, Lares #205. Definitely took the slop out of the wheel. Knocked the tune-up out, the coil was still the factory unit at 207k. Runs much noticeably smoother now. All AC Delco parts except for the Denso wires, used copper for the plugs. It had double platinums that were marginal.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
well none of my next "to-do's" have happened yet. i rebuilt the front end with new tie rods, pitman, idler, idler bracket, and ball joints, then had it aligned. steers and rides great now.

also added something else to the front end that is awesome, pictures to come later.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
pickup is dirty like most of my pictures...i promise it get's washed once or twice a week! tough to keep clean when you live down a gravel road.

need to do a little more adjusting on the driver's side, but it is pretty close.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck! I have a white 3-door '98 Z71 as well. Its in pieces right now though :( haha. And clean is for prisses, these trucks like being dirty

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This must be one of the cleanest 400s in the country. Looks new.

Now I know I need black bed/tailgate caps for sure too.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
here are some "clean" pictures from yesterday. clay bared the hood and did my weekend clean-up.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
so i need to update this thread with some pictures, but that may not happen until this weekend. i've got the led's installed in the cluster and HVAC controls. also picked up some crystal/chrome headlights and clear corners off of ebay. i'm quite surprised with the cutoff and light ouput. while putting in the headlights i also added an HD wiring harness with a 4-hi modification.

hoping to come home with some 18" Z71 wheels with low mile tires tomorrow to update the rolling stock a little and i'll finish up the exterior (for a little while) with some raptor liner in the bed.