'98 Silverado Z71 "Town Pickup"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
ordered some pre-cut 35% window tint. need to get the pinstripe taken care of. then on to audio and possibly a cluster swap to a denali/escalade cluster.

picked up around 1mpg with the muffler swap. pickup is consistently around 15-16mpg now, with a best of 16.71mpg with just back and forth to work. my rcsb never got over 16.3mpg.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
tint and hidden hitch are installed. tint wasn't as daunting as i expected, went pretty smooth and had both sides done in about an hour including removing the inner door panels. after driving to work today, i'm glad i went with 35% instead of 20%.

hitch install went fairly easy as well, i did have to drop the spare. i like that there aren't any stickers or unnecessary tubes peeking out.

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
tint and hidden hitch are installed. tint wasn't as daunting as i expected, went pretty smooth and had both sides done in about an hour including removing the inner door panels. after driving to work today, i'm glad i went with 35% instead of 20%.

hitch install went fairly easy as well, i did have to drop the spare. i like that there aren't any stickers or unnecessary tubes peeking out.

Any issues at all on installing the tint? I like the price of the pre-cut compared to having it installed somewhere.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
i bought from "tint-pro" on ebay. it takes some time to get it "right". keeping the tint and the window wet is key. i do have a crease on the driverside up high, but that is my fault. the passenger side is near perfect. definitely do your due diligence cleaning the windows before hand, don't use windex or any other product like that as it will react with the glue in the tint. i use a drop of johnson's baby soap in a squirt bottle filled with clean water. having a good squeegee and hard card make the job much easier.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
sound system was ordered yesterday, free 1 day shipping on amazon prime(gotta love it!):

kenwood cd deck kdcbt265u
kenwood 6.5s for the front doors kfc-1665s
all the install necessaries including harnesses, dash pieces, and amp install kit.

i kept the 400w amp and 8" boston sub out of the sierra. i will eventually build a new box to fit a little better under the rear seat on the driver's side.

i've actually enjoyed using the tape player in the pickup and the cd player works OK, but it's time to get some better sound out of it!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Great looking truck, I think it looks perfect. You don't see clean stockish looking trucks like that anymore.

i bought from "tint-pro" on ebay. it takes some time to get it "right". keeping the tint and the window wet is key. i do have a crease on the driverside up high, but that is my fault. the passenger side is near perfect. definitely do your due diligence cleaning the windows before hand, don't use windex or any other product like that as it will react with the glue in the tint. i use a drop of johnson's baby soap in a squirt bottle filled with clean water. having a good squeegee and hard card make the job much easier.

I've done the same thing with the pre-cut eBay tint on 4 different vehicles. Once you get the hang of applying it, you can't beat it. I don't think I've spent over $20 for an entire pre-cut kit.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. it's getting a factory look pinstripe and some window deflectors, and then i'm done on the exterior for awhile. new tires/wheels at some point.

stereo stuff showed up on fedex!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Stereo install took a little longer than I planned, turns out I ordered the wrong dash kit, so after I had all the wires ran and everything "working", I ran into town and bought a Walmart special.

I left the factory tweeters in the doors, what a difference the 6.5" speakers and sub make! I forgot how nice it is to have a "good" sound system.

Cold weather today and tomorrow so I'm holding off on the pinstripe.

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
The factory door speakers in the 95+ doors just suck! I recently added Kicker 6.5's to my crew cab and will never look back!

If you happen to need any parts, give me a holler sometime. We aren't too far from each other.