98 needs lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevysrule454

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbi to your site but an off roader for 35 years......always chevy....lol
I have now a minty low km 98 2500 , 6.5l TD 4x4 and its come time to put a 4 or 6" lift in. I can locally get either the 4 or the 6" fairly easy but it seems finding one for a 3/4ton is proving difficult. The one kit im looking at is a 4" RCX lift . My question is what exactly is the difference between that particular lift with concerns to 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton? And can i make a lift for a 1500 work on my 2500

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Superlift makes a 5"-7" for 2500s. I dont know the exact differences but my guess is track width and control arms are not the same or in the exact same location. The RCX kit requires the bump stops to be cut out so the drop brackets can bolt into them and bolted through the frame. Those control arm mounts could be in a slightly different location. Don't quote me on this its just my thoughts.

In short, find a lift for a 2500 and save time money and a real big headache

Chevysrule454

Reaction score
Thanx for the tip but this lift could save me a ton of money.....its new still in the box....so Im gunna wait till someone can actually tell me the difference between the two....1500 vs 2500 before i give up on it. Where i live most everything non oem has to come from the states.....major hassle, so in more then one way this lift could really be a score. Just gotto know for sure %100 that it wont work. .....ANYONE?

Chevysrule454

Reaction score
Well. I called rough country directly and its the upper controll arms that are cometely different. Oh well search continues. So if anyone has a used 4"or 6" for a 2500 please contact me at......807 323 0572 ask for Darren

Chevysrule454

Reaction score
Well. I called rough country directly and its the upper controll arms that are cometely different. Oh well search continues. So if anyone has a used 4"or 6" for a 2500 please contact me at......807 323 0572 ask for Darren

So do i have to be a PAYING member to post in the WANTED SECTION?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
So do i have to be a PAYING member to post in the WANTED SECTION?

Nope, just need to post some more and unlock more privileges on the forum, and I agree with LOH CHO, find a lift for a 2500, even if you can get this new RCX lift for a 1500, the front ends on 3/4 tons are waaaay different, the only thing that is the same between the two is the UCAs I believe, everything else is different and bigger too.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UCA's are different 1500 to 2500. The 1500 mounts are narrower than the 2500 upper control arms. I went with the RCD. Love it other than increasing the track width. But lift wise I really like it. I don't like the steering linkage drop brackets the other kits use. I've heard a lot of people say they had a hard time keeping the other suspension kits to hold alignment. I paid $500 for mine off craigslist. Guy was doing a SAS and was selling his RCD lift.

Chevysrule454

Reaction score
Well seeing as i cant post in the wanted section i guess i will pist it here.
Looking for a 4 or 6" lift for my 98 2500 diesel. Please contact Darren at 807 323 0572. Thanx