98 L31 K1500 Camshaft Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was about to ask about the specs of your engine when I saw this thread, as far as I'm concerned; you've built the most perfect small block Vortec in existence,

But does he have the marine intake? That or a plenum spacer is inconsequential power on the table. No, mine's not installed yet. . .

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I was about to ask about the specs of your engine when I saw this thread, as far as I'm concerned; you've built the most perfect small block Vortec in existence,

Thanks man. I lIke it, and pretty much seems built to the potential of the intake and fueling system. Its about as hot as i could make it while keeping it vortec. Maybe the cam could be a little bigger, but I'm way pleased with it overall. I would have used the crane gold rockers but they were back ordered for months when I needed them, so I used scorpions instead. Made in the USA at least. This big Green beast has surprised some people.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks man. I lIke it, and pretty much seems built to the potential of the intake and fueling system. Its about as hot as i could make it while keeping it vortec. Maybe the cam could be a little bigger, but I'm way pleased with it overall. I would have used the crane gold rockers but they were back ordered for months when I needed them, so I used scorpions instead. Made in the USA at least. This big Green beast has surprised some people.

Would you say a motor spec'd like this would be a suitable engine for towing and DD'ing?

But does he have the marine intake? That or a plenum spacer is inconsequential power on the table. No, mine's not installed yet. . .

Are you referring to the V-max intake spacer? I was planning on getting one for my next truck, but I've never really seen any other info aside from what's posted on their website;
Are there any write ups on the marine intake? I think I've tried to research that upgrade but I didn't see anything relating to truck engines,

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would you say a motor spec'd like this would be a suitable engine for towing and DD'ing?

Are you referring to the V-max intake spacer? I was planning on getting one for my next truck, but I've never really seen any other info aside from what's posted on their website;
Are there any write ups on the marine intake? I think I've tried to research that upgrade but I didn't see anything relating to truck engines,

His and mine are how the factory should have delivered them. They sacrifice nothing. The spacer is supposed to give the air more room to flow around the spider. Here's all you ever wanted to know about the marine intake, again how GM should have delivered the L31. More ass from 3000+ stock, real injectors, and I don't think anyone has ever complained about a low end loss. It allows a motor to be built that would otherwise outrun the spider.

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317