98 K3500 454 gooseneck capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool story bro?

It's obvious that you feel you are entitled, and have no consideration for the rest of the motoring public.

Do what you like on a farm, not on a public road.

I have personally seen a full 4x8 foot sheet of 1/8th steel plate that decapitated a truck driver, and was embedded up to the sleeper. I will not post the pictures.

A teacher driving a SUV decided it was a good, prudent and legal idea to overload a roof rack by putting said plate on the roof and strapping it down with 4 1" wide ratchet straps.

Meeting an oncoming vehicle, the wind blast tore the roof rack from the SUV, killing the truck driver following the SUV instantly. The loaded tractor trailer left the highway, striking and knocking down a 500KV hydro transmission tower, energizing the load of steel on the trailer.

This incident closed the highway in both directions for quite some time.
What I'm saying is this has been argued for an entire page, your safety police examples that have nothing to do with a heavy trailer is not necessary, in a dead post that has been solved. And you must have missed the places where I agreed that it's not ideal to do this, or are you just trying to sort through what I'm saying to get the pieces you need to look smart on the internet, which I'm gonna guess is the heaviest thing you've ever pulled. By now I hope you realize I'm just being a dick and trying to get a rise out of you because of the annoyance of your keyboard jockeying, but you didn't see that after my last post, so....... Lighten up dude, have a good day.

CR506

Reaction score
Wow. Imagine what this site could be if everyone were nice to one another.

Again, thank you to everyone who provided me with the information I asked for. It helped me to make the proper, safe decision.
No thanks to the ones who used it as an opportunity to preach, argue and degrade.