'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for a cheap, working NV4500 to throw into it. I only have $1150 tied up into it so far. Budget it so tight, my wallet never sees daylight.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I've been looking for a cheap, working NV4500 to throw into it. I only have $1150 tied up into it so far. Budget it so tight, my wallet never sees daylight.
Theyre few and far between for cheap ones. Ive got my eye out for a nv3500, n4500, or zf6. I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg or drive 8 hrs away lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally did the steering box. Definitely made a difference, steering is much tighter and doesn't feel as effortless to turn, which is a good thing. Also hopefully took care of the leaks as well. Lots of my play was coming from where the pitman is attached on the box. Even with the nut tight, when wiggling the driver's side wheel the pitman would rock. Once I took the nut off, the pitman fell off without having to even use a hammer. The job on a whole wasn't bad, other than I had a hell of a time trying to get the box slid back over the steering shaft.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Never liked changing pitman arms on these trucks factory. Goddamned crossmembers and brackets/struts in the way

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah, that and that was my first experience with bleeding the hydroboost, took a while to get it feeling normal. This was the old pitman arm, and the source of I would imagine at least half of the slop I had.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media