'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
No real updates lately, haven't driven it a whole lot because I don't want to get it all messy. Untl today, I probably had only put about 5 miles on it in the past 2 weeks. Earlier, I took an hour drive and picked up a small block 350/th350 from a relative to save it from the crusher. No ideas for a use yet, but I plan on selling the trans by itself for what I paid for everything. Never hurts to have a small block laying around. It's literally the most common one ever made, casting number shows approx a 10 year production span, so parts are dirt cheap. Maybe could save it for a rainy day and build it for my Sidekick?
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Took a small load of scrap in today, i've been wanting to ditch the Sidekick body i've had laying around. Plan on going tomorrow and picking up another car about an hour away too. I really want to give it a bath now that it's nicer out, but my road is just such a mess that there really isn't much of a point. I really hope they coat it again like they did 2 years ago, made it like a paved road for a few months.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Picked up a caddy today for parts. Towed great as usual. I do think my gearbox is getting sloppier though, that's my next thing.
Hows the slop,on that rag joint? Xj shaft is cheaper than a gearbox lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Hows the slop,on that rag joint? Xj shaft is cheaper than a gearbox lol.
Might have a little there too, but the gearbox also has a slight leak, and 190000 miles on it, so i'll start with that. I can't do the XJ shaft on this from what i've read due to the fact that they changed something in the shaft for the 98's.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally gave it a quick bath to get most of the dirt off. Since I had my trailer hooked up I just did it outside at work. Didn't even shine the tires :( Really needs a good buffing/wax though to make it shine.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally took some time at work and gave the truck a much needed waxing.