'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I finally changed my spark plugs. Seems to run a little better. Two of the plugs were fairly crudded up, but i'm guessing that it was because of the injectors before I changed them. Aside from that, my blower motor decided to stop blowing. Did some quick testing and found that the blower and the resistor aren't getting any power, and the fuses are fine so i'm gonna go with the control module. I had actually swapped this one in from my plow truck because speed #3 didn't work, so i'll just pop that one back out and see if it works.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally did my LED bulb and Aztec needle swap. Turned out awesome. I also did try the fuel gauge repair, but it didn't seem to work for me. Either I didn't put enough oil in, or I was doing something wrong. Didn't seem like I was drawing the air out of the gauge like it was supposed to. Either way, it doesn't really bother me, just figured i'd try it while I was in there. I can physically feel the needle vibrating, so i'm not even sure if I did it correctly that it would have fixed it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Found the cause of no blower the other day, the pigtail going to the hvac controls is slightly melted. I played with it and got it to work for now, but I'll need a new pigtail. I'm debating on just cutting the one from my plow truck, but I think i'll hold out till I hit up the junkyard. Gonna give the truck a little bit of a workout this week, going to pick up someone's botched Suzuki Sidekick/golf cart project tomorrow, and then possibly a new daily driver on Wednesday. On another note, according to Google Maps, my truck is still in Cali :D

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So i went this morning and picked up the Sidekick. The body is junk, but it comes with pretty much everything I would need to make it run if I did some sort of a custom body or other body swap. For now it will just go in the yard with all the other future projects.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Finally did my LED bulb and Aztec needle swap. Turned out awesome. I also did try the fuel gauge repair, but it didn't seem to work for me. Either I didn't put enough oil in, or I was doing something wrong. Didn't seem like I was drawing the air out of the gauge like it was supposed to. Either way, it doesn't really bother me, just figured i'd try it while I was in there. I can physically feel the needle vibrating, so i'm not even sure if I did it correctly that it would have fixed it.

Where did you get your Aztec needles?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Had to drive this yesterday and today due to the weather. Seems that I got a new style of rims out of it. This thing handles amazing in 4 wheel with no weight in the back, I was easily able to go 50 with no problems, while others seemed to limit themselves to about 35. Yes, i'm that ******* that passes people in **** weather :burnout: