'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Best I can figure is I had a mis-aligned bellhousing, bought it with a bad transmission and rebuilt it twice. This time I put a brand new GM unit in and a new bellhousing so if it happens again... Who knows. The block is probably messed up [emoji38]
How low is that first gear?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I dropped off my cowl hood to get painted on Wednesday, was supposed to pick it up today, but the painter has been sick and wasn't able to get it done. No biggie, should still have it in a couple days. In the mean time, I finally swapped to my old T handle shifter from my old truck. Still haven't gotten to my plugs yet, I've been trying not to drive it much to keep it clean. Regardless of how dry the roads are and if I wash it right before I leave work, I live on a dirt road so it's impossible to keep it spotless. Aside from that, I ordered some blue LED bulbs for the gauges, and finally got more of the Aztec needles. At some point I'm going to pop them out and do all of that, along with the wobbly fuel gauge fix.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
That makes me mad. He's sick but never called you ahead of time to say the hood wouldn't be ready. Sounds like he just didn't get around to it, or he screwed up. He should have called you yesterday.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I texted him this morning asking if it was ready before I went. The guy who I took it to is a licensed dealer and has a small shop where he does doll ups and stuff, but has another guy come in for paint work.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Hood is on! I actually went to a car wash for the first time in over 7 years because the body looked so dirty compared to the hood. Usually I wash my cars at work for free, but I just happened to be driving my truck today and he called letting me know it was ready right before I was about to leave work. I think it was well worth it.