'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At 228,*** miles my steering box seems to be getting sloppy as well. Should have replaced the damn thing when changing the pitman arm last spring :banghead:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yes, my gearbox. My trans is perfectly fine. I only chose ngk plugs because I had asked on the Facebook page what everyone runs in their vortec 454s and the general consensus is either ac Delco or ngk iridiums. I usually just run delcos in my Chevy and ngks in my rice burners but I figured I'd give them a try.
sooo lemme get this straight. You put a post on fb and got legit answers? Mindblowing.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oh, most do. I had a few dumb replies, like "I use corks instead of plugs" or something, but enough people said the iridiums to make me give them a try. A couple said e3 or Bosch, but I've never had good luck with either one of those.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be curious to feel what y'all are calling sloppy in your NV-4500s. o_O Mine has 309,### miles on it and all it has had are fluid changes.

My truck fell victim to **** head previous owner who couldn't drive stick and also plowed with it