98 k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Sub is in and thumping. I'm happy with it for a single 12. I was planning on doing the exhaust this week but I ended up buying a ranger that needs a clutch so I'm gonna fix and flip that before I do the exhaust.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Battery took a **** so went and got a new one today. Only dual post battery that anyone had in stock was an interstate. I'm not really a fan of them but I need the truck.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Finally put my led dome lights in that I've had for like a month. Now I just need a couple more bulbs to finish off converting everything to led
You must be registered for see images attach

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Ok go around #2 at doing the cluster. I used yorkims off of Amazon. They seem to be a much better bulb. And they weren't polarity sensitive which was nice so well have to see if these actually stay lit.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
And I just noticed this tonight but I bent the tow hook when I pulled it out a couple weeks ago when I buried it.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Update on the yorkim bulbs that I put in the cluster- they work great!! Highly recommend them!!! Definitely worth spending the extra couple bucks over the cheapos.

Lately I've just been driving it. I still have to put my tires on and I'm getting real sick of not being able to hear my truck when I drive but other than that all is good!

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I finally replaced the little side marker lights with amber bulbs so there not yellow anymore

I also added a 22in light bar on the front bumper

I do lots of late night driving so I figured the extra light would be nice. I already did the 4hi mod and have hids in the low beams but I added another relay in there so now the light bar also comes on with the high beams

No pics of it lit the as its currently a blizzard out but I've only got about 40 bucks in it total

And here's just a couple random pics from the last week

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Adding the light bar was definitely worth it. You can't even tell that the high beams are there when the light bar comes on. It gave me that extra distance I was looking for so I'm very happy with it.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
Today I picked up everything I need to change all of the fluids. T case, diffs, tranny and engine oil. Coolant was done right before I got the truck. I'm also doing the tranny filter and fuel filter along with new plugs and wires. It's at 93k and almost 20yrs old so it's time