'98 dash to '95 dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Can't remember where another topic was like this but, how would I go about installing a '95 Chevy truck dash in a '98? My truck has the airbag dash, but I want to switch it to the '95 airbag-less cup holder dash. How would I go about doing this? Don't like airbags.

Sorry if I am asking the same question as another member has, I do apologize, just can't find it.

SC_Chevy

Reaction score
Can't remember where another topic was like this but, how would I go about installing a '95 Chevy truck dash in a '98? My truck has the airbag dash, but I want to switch it to the '95 airbag-less cup holder dash. How would I go about doing this? Don't like airbags.

Sorry if I am asking the same question as another member has, I do apologize, just can't find it.

Not criticizing but why change a life saving attribute to a meaningless cup holder?
Your build is your build[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will have to see about that wiring.

I did find a '95 blue dash at a junk yard and I going to pull it this Friday. I did switch my steering wheel to a '95 2500 steering wheel non-airbag, so would I remove the pass. airbag switch and airbag wiring from the truck and the airbag light from the cluster?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not install the air bag delete pocket that the factory used?
You must be registered for see images attach

Found on 2500's and 3500's. Just take care removing it; I found one at a boneyard one time and it wasn't a self-service place - the yahoos working there destroyed it trying to pry it out of the dash. It's been years since I pulled one but if I recall, it's attached to the bracket behind the dash just like the passenger airbag would be.

Richard

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You must be registered for see images attach

Found on 2500's and 3500's. Just take care removing it; I found one at a boneyard one time and it wasn't a self-service place - the yahoos working there destroyed it trying to pry it out of the dash. It's been years since I pulled one but if I recall, it's attached to the bracket behind the dash just like the passenger airbag would be.

Richard
I literally removed one the other week and yes, they are installed exactly how the airbag is, which is a royal PITA to get at. You have to have the dash hinged down to do it properly.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of putting all the stuff out of a 2000 GMT400 into a 95 dash. Everything has to be moved over. You won't have to cut any wires, the 98's are longer to go around the air bag. You will have to drill out the rivets holding the driver's side metal bracket and move it over to the 95, they're different. Just put the two dashes side by side and you'll figure it out.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need a 95-96 dash and the HVAC ducting to go with it, and you might have to modify your wiring a bit on the passenger side, then you'll have to get the airbag system modified for driver's airbag only.

good to know = more options. my 99 c3500 is airbag less, so I don't have to worry about that part. my problem is that my truck is ac delete, this may be the excuse to install ac w/ either dash while its apart. just need a good donor to get everything.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh good lerd, I hope you've looked at what all is involved in converting a non-A/C truck. I looked at it once for a customer years ago on a '99 C3500 he bought at auction, old phone company truck. There weren't even holes in the firewall for the evaporator core hookups. Connectors for the compressor clutch, pressure switches, etc. weren't in the harness, either.

So I figured after I carefully marked and chopped holes in the firewall, he'd need an engine harness, dash harness, controls, and of course the complete HVAC box for under the dash.

Totally do-able, but once I gave him a price that I thought was totally fair (I still think I always underpriced my labor back then) he bailed on the idea. Hard for me to imagine a truck in Houston with no A/C, but then again it wasn't until I was 21 or 22 that I owned any vehicle that had it.

Richard