97 Silverado Stuck Crank! PLEASE HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frydlittlman

Reaction score
O.K. I'll give y'all the short version.
1997 350 Vortec L31 Heads
One day out of the blue instead of roaring to life when I barely turned the key, I started needing to turn the key on/off repeatedly to build pressure, (most likely due to pump slowly dying or bad fuel) yet she would still turn over pop like it was trying to start. Couple weeks later it won't even turn over! Pulled plugs, yanked the belt off to make it easier and I couldn't even turn it over by hand with a breaker bar or prying on the flywheel! Please tell me there's a sway to bust this loose without requiring a new motor! Any help is definitely appreciated!

Thanks in Advance.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the starter sound like it's engaging the flywheel? I'm wondering if the starter gear may have bound against the flywheel and is keeping the engine from turning even by prying.

Reaction score
Starter still stuck engaged. Remove starter try turning again. If still bad remove engine with converter attached make a mess. Fix go

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They usually get noisy before they sieze. I agree with previous post could be a stuck starter.