97 k1500 sas 6lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this is the right subform to seek information on SAS

wanting to sas my 97 k1500 chevy but wanting to keep the 6lug pattern for the fact I have a lot of money in wheel and tires.
I’m looking into running 78-79 D44 axle an know I’ll need Chevy 10bolt axle outters.... now that been said I have a game plan but what do I go after that to keep the same 6x5.5 without a 8 to 6 lug adapter.
Read a forums where someone used a Jeep wagernor front axle parts (http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-chevy-guys-6-lug-sas-info.html#/topics/81419)

Would that work if not what other options do I have, I couldn’t find any other forums on this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but you need to make sure you wheels will clear the Dana 44 hub as the 97 hub is a lot smaller than the Dana 44 hub. My Dana 44 hub is about 3.5” but it’s from a 79 k10

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He could always have the hubs opened up if he really has that much invested in the combo
And most aftermarket fit from my random
Measurements when I was lookin for a set