97 ECSB 5/7 drop, driveline question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Layzboy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im sure this is very repetitive but i have been reading around on the best route to take. I recently ordered some 20's for my truck. So i plan to lower the truck for now until i can get to bagging it. Ive seen alot of 6' drop stuff for the rear but how are you achieving the extra 1' drop for a 5/7? I have 2" spindles and plan to buy 3" springs for the front. also with this size drop i am seeing that i need to get some form of a notch in the rear just to prevent axle smacks. But my other question is i was looking on Suspension source for buying my kit and seen they offer a the Beltech drive line kit that they claim is required for a 6" drop. But i have not seen anyone talk about these kits or installing them. So is this kit necessary? or does anyone have a reference build on this particular drop that i could read up on? Thanks.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well you could get the extra inch with lowering shackles or a lowering block.
The shackles are adjustable from 1" to 2" drop i believe

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

1998crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drive shaft kit helps with the vibration you will get when the truck is lowered from the drive shaft joints working at extreme angles.
I would invest in the kit and do it right
It’s something to be aware of when lowering the truck.
Might be ok with short bed,I have a crew with 8foot bed that required the kit
If you go to bell tech website
You can view pdf on installation and how they cut into the truck for clearance

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Doing an Axle Flip Kit and a Drop Shackle (as stated above, should be a 1"-2" drop adjustable) should put you right at 7" in the rear. Then pair it with 2" Drop Spindles and 3" Drop Springs up front and you have your drop. Don't forget to budget for drop shocks. The link above includes the C-notch as well, which you'll need. DJM has been my go to for drop kits aside from my latest endeavor which I switched it up and went with Canuck Motorsports to give something new a shot, but mine is just a conservative 3/4 drop with shocks.