96 tahoe dome lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The dome light dont come one in either my trucks when the doors are opened niether I have to the switch to turn en ob and I agree it is kinda annoying like when Im trying to get my son in and out his car seat

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Now I feel like a real jackass dome overide was on in the Denali and I pulled the bulbs in the truck when I had the door panels off to keep the lights from staying on.

Reaction score
No that wouldnt work either, keep the ideas coming ,ill figure it out sooner or later

So I'm bringing this back from the dead. Did you ever get it fixed?? I have the same problem. My lights worked just fine and I installed a gauge pod and now nothing is working. My origional thought was when I screwed the pod to the plastic pilar cover I screwed into the wires messing them up. That is not the case. My override switch I've checked and the dasj5 light dinner switch when rolled all the way up don't turn them on. I did find that I have not power to the "illum" fuse. I checked it with my meter. I'm lost where to go from here.

What about the gray relay switch under the dash? Does that have anything to do with the overhead lights? I have the door chime removed so it's not buzzing when I have the door opened. Its not been in there since I've owned the truck. And the lights worked when I got it. I wasn't sure if one of those relays down there had anything to do with it. Here is a picture of the gray relay panel I was talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Do you have a schematic? Or anyone for that matter? Not sure where I would find one. Does a Haynes or Chilton have one?

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found my schematic for my truck years back on the web but I can't remember the site. I will look it up.