96 k1500 needs headers and pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my stainless shorties from ebay for like $122 shipped...

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?887-Just-ordered-some-ebay-SS-headers-for-my-88

aint gonna find much cheaper then that for stainless, chrome, long or short. I think IMO if it needs pipes I'd do long tubes and for cheap get em raw or black, and if painted strip them and put on some vht paint. If not pop for the ceramic or jet hot coating, if you can find stainless long tubes they'd be expensive I bet.

As for louder, shorter pipes, bigger dia. ones make for louder exhaust, shorter tailpipes do too. No cats or gutted cats make it louder the full blown stockers.

I'd say cherry bomb extremes. We had a single in dual out 3 inch in 2.5 out flow 40 reg. series on dad's 84 c10 and that was a 305 with manifolds and no cat, now he has a 350 long tubes, duals like 2-1/4 and gutted cats, CBE's and they sound as loud, probably a little louder then the flow 40 he had before. he also has the same tailpipes and tips as before.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mate of mine in Canada runs the Hooker ceramic coated. Had them about 2 years and they're rusted pretty bad.
I'll make a set of stainless one day...and have them coated. We don't get snow here so no salt to destroy things!

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
I say ceramic over stainless. The ceramic won't heat up the engine or discolor like the stainless.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stainless will not heat up the engine bay that much either. It passes the heat much better than the OEM manifolds.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want long tubes with dualed flowmaster super 44's dumped before the rearend but i dont wanna pay for the long tubes and for all of it to get done on my truck would be bout 600 if not more

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Run some stainless and you will be happy, run ceramic and you will be happy. For the majority of people either or will suffice. If you like to go out and get stuff wet and muddy, go with stainless/ceramic.

With long tubes and no cats 44s or 40s will be plenty loud on a dual exhaust setup. I am running long tubes no cats into flowmaster single chamber 10s dumped before rear wheels. It sounds best at idle, other than that it is a bit to loud for me.