96 k1500 needs headers and pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking at headers

whats better ceramic coated or stainless

anyone know where to get a good deal on either for a 96 5.7 sfi

also, im looking to go louder than the one in two out flowmaster someone put on here

not obnoxious just borderline..

i once saw a truck that had long tube headers with 40 series welded right to the collector and turndowns to keep the mud out

hahahahaha it sounded soooo good

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah im looking to do the same before my motor build for the 97. i would go stainless. i want long tubes but cant find them yet.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best would be ceramic coated stainless. Stainless for the 'rust free' factor and ceramic for the heat issues.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how about nickel plated chrome? i hear alot of good things about those but dont know squat other wise about them.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, so your saying that the nickel chrome headers will be alot hotter? thats just what it says right under the coating on summit is nickel chrome

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so your saying that the nickel chrome headers will be alot hotter? thats just what it says right under the coating on summit is nickel chrome

nickel chrome is the type of chrome... made from nickel... its nothing special. they use nickel chrome on bumpers and tons of other steel parts.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like Hquick said, stainless would have the rust free factor, which will last much longer. Plus the stainless already has a better heat transfer instead of regular steel (absorbs heat more) making it really hot under the hood.

Ideally ceramic coated stainless would be the best, but most can't afford that. Unless your like Howard and you get a crap load of stainless pipe for free, cuz your company is awesome! (i'm just a little jealous).

If you get regular headers expect to replace them in a year or two, if you get ceramic coated 3-4 years maybe(rust from the inside out), or stainless which will last longer than the motor.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well my debate is between stainless or nickel chrome. i think ill keep with the stainless. and i too get stainless from work. i have 2.5 inch pipes to do my entire exhaust and im working on stainless flanges also. as a matter of fact i was just going to make my own thread to see if anyone had the dimensions of them so i can get the waterjet program wrote up tonight and get them done. today i ordered magnaflow tailpipes also 2.5 inch dual rear exit. they were 50 bucks each cant beat that!

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run Jet Hot coated headers.They won't ever rust,resist oil,brake fluid,grease,ect.The best part is they look like chome & they don't get hot at all.Jet Hot coats alot of stuff for the space shuttle so you know their stuff rocks.I have a friend with a 69 camero he did his headers,intake,hood hinges,even his rad support.