96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is the headlights and running lights polished. got a 3m kit for $20, worth every penny.....those are regular lights, not hids....
You must be registered for see images attach

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if i can get a rear crossmember (where the spare tire hangs off of) new? or am i just welding this one up? i would rather just replace, not much left to this x-member. the dealer said they dont go back this far and i couldent find one googling stuff

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nope, non serviced part.

You have to get one shipped in used from a "rust free" area or build a comparable substitute...

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol good god I'm getting nightmares from my frame resoration on my hoe.
Northeat trucks take a real beating.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol good god I'm getting nightmares from my frame resoration on my hoe.
Northeat trucks take a real beating.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha its not that bad....well yea it sucks, but will be well worth it in the end. my brother is a welder so he came over lastnight and we welded plates to the frame behind the new rear spring hangers to make them stronger. had a small hole behind them in frame so welded that up too. then i took the new shock towers out and all bolts and stuff off frame, wire wheeled and painted frame. everything getting a coat of paint. figure if i lift it you will see more down there so i want it nice. and it will be so much nicer working on the truck with everything new and lubed. taking all bolts out and lubing so if they break i can fix with the bed off, just much easier that way. so far i only broke one nut that held the bed on. i gotta give it to chevy, i thought every single bolt i touched would break. impressive hardware on these trucks.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Thats more a comment on where you live than the quality of the steel.

Where i'm from, pretty much anything older than 10 years has to come apart with the smoke wrench...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no i mean i work on everything and ill tell you, i break alot of bolts on newer cars. german and *** bolts seem to be a whole lot softer. this truck had bolts with the head rotted 2 wrench sizes smaller but they came right out. but i hear you, i worked at a truck stop and alot of the northern trucks were very bad, like changing a tire was a nightmare....gotta love the hot wrench....im trying to move to texas now so i never have to bust it out again!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
update, used half a gal of brush on paint, flipped bed and cut off rusted struts, replaced them and painted underside lastnight. been busy, girlfriend got a corvette yesterday. new toy to fix up! some more pics...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i painted the springs and axle also, just did not have a pic of that. i dropped the fuel tank and cleaned and painted the frame inside to the transfer case. fixed all the broken fuel line clamps, and replaced the "new brake line", it was 3 diffrent lines with unions and it was steel, so i replaced with one nickel/copper line. then made new nickel/copper axle lines too. replaced both rear wheel seals, brakes were good, so i painted in the hub and replaced all e brake cables front to rear. i will replace ujoints and paint driveshaft later. once rear is done im turning it around and doing the rest of the frame. pain in the butt but worth it.