96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you! so today im looking to lift it! i want to go on the cheap, i only paid $2250 for the truck so i want to go cheap. i wont be going nuts offroad and do not tow or haul often. got the truck to load and move to texas if my dang house in ct would ever sell! anyways, its a 2500 8 lug. looking at 6" lifts. i have read stuff on here and googled a bunch of kits. found the tuff country and superlift for my truck. both under $1500. is one taller? i see superlift has 5" rear blocks and tuff has 3" or 4"blocks and helper springs. im guessing tuff would give you 6" in the rear and superlift only 5"...correct me if i am wrong. superlift is a few hundred cheaper but i would pay more for that extra inch and less block......what do you guys think? like some input before i pull the trigger!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i see the tuff kit is 6"f 6"r, the superlift is 5-7"f / 5" rear. thats why im saying if i can level the truck with keys, then the rear lift will be the real lift. the front lifts also but can adjust to level.
by the way nice truck!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my goal it to get 36" hummer tires under it and have a little gap still. had some on a lifted ford i had and loved them. and they are super cheap. well that and not have a truck that looks like an elcamino next to stock new trucks haha

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The amount of front lift should be measured by how far the brackets actually drop the components, which not all manufacturers list. For example RCX uses the same 5" drop brackets for their 4" and 6" kits.

They're both most likely 6" brackets, so you'd probably get the same amount of crank out of either one, but I wouldn't rely on cranking keys as if you go too far it kills the ride quality and wears out your front end like mad.

I'd recommend finding a set of the radial 37" Wrangler MT Hummer take offs rather than the bias ply 36" Wrangler RT/s. And if you'll be using the hummer wheels too, the 37s are usually on the 12 bolt wheels. The 36s are often mounted on the 8 bolt wheels, which aren't recommended for any amount of highway use.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i get the front, it is the rear lift im wondering about. superlift has a 5" block, and tuff has a 3" block and helper spring, if i am right. im thinking its worth a few hundred more for a smaller block with helper spring?
i had the bias 36" tires on a ford and loved them. i never had any issues with ride or highway driving, nothing,.and i got them dirt cheap. but then again i was young and dumb back then. haha i just love that you can get the mil surplus or used tires for so cheap.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mounted my cb. that big wood spot was begging for one! i know, i know, im 30 and have a cell phone that does everything. the kid in me said to do it. i always had one in my trucks. i had to shave 1/8" off each side to get it to fit tight. then i made inside brackets so i dident have to drill the outside anywhere. then i used old headlight polishing discs to sand wood. its like glass now...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i polished the headlight too. the rear sliding window was glued in with rtv so i pulled it out, cleaned it and reinstalled with the proper epoxy. then i retinted the rear window with 5% so the sun wont beat down on me. then i pulled the seat and interor plastic out , cleaned everything, conditioned seat, and vaccumed and shampooed carpet. wiped all plastic clean and put back together. like a new truck. still gotta tint side windows...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

step one to make a race truck.....lighten the frame! haha, good 40+ lbs of dead weight. 17 years in RI will do this. if your from the northeast this looks great for 17 years old...im sure if your from texas you are thinking what a junk!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

getting there. lot of dirty work but it will be worth it when im done!