96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Wow Tod! That looks great!! I'm the opposite on the VC's. I wish I had some with the logo. Reminds me of my old ECLB dually from back in the day.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Report back on the injectors and such. Took the wife out for an afternoon drive in the dually today. Put 85 miles on it and there is a significant difference in overall performance. Obviously the hard warm start is gone which is awesome but takes some getting used to. Gotta remember to get off the key now. :Big Laugh: The motor is smoother at idle and all thru the rpm band. Definitely more power and it seems that the mileage is going to be better as well. I usually get 50 - 60 miles from fill up to the gauge getting back down to the full mark. Today I got 75.

Overall I am thrilled with how it turned out even though it ended up costing $1100 total for parts and labor. :(

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Decided that it was time to fix the dually fenders. They had the usual rock damage along with a few cracks. We got it ground out, filled with structural adhesive and are working the spots now. Hope to get them off the trick and painted the first of the week.

You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Mine is not really 454 cubes anymore, so the sticker lies.
Back in the 60's I had a 62 Impala SS with a 409. I took the the crossed flags and the 409 insignia off and put the 283 small V on the fenders. Reeled in a lot of unsuspecting victims to street race that way. Luckily the two extra holes for the 409 numbers were rarely noticed. I just told everybody it was a "built" 283.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And just like that everything is installed and back home running great with no warm hard start. :banana-mario:
Nice!
What made you decide to go with the bosch injectors over the lucas from fiveo?

I'm about to change my intake manifold gaskets and injectors also.
Yes it is!! Seems like it runs better as well but maybe I'm just justifying my money spent. lol...
:Big Laugh:

Any mpg increase?

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Based on reviews from others that used the Bosch injectors I decided to go with them. The truck runs better and idles smoother for sure but I've not seen any mpg increase.

Nice!
What made you decide to go with the bosch injectors over the lucas from fiveo?

I'm about to change my intake manifold gaskets and injectors also.

:Big Laugh:

Any mpg increase?

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the trans temp gauge. Dyed the gauge pod to match. Super simple install. Now to see what happens the next time we pull the race trailer.