96 2WD - Looking for Longer Upper Control Arms? Camber off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adding the ball joint spacers should add another .5" to bring it to about 7".

doesn't work that way. all the spacer does is make the upper become more parallel to the ground which makes it "longer" to allow for alignment.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ended up being almost 9.5" of lift in the front and 7.5" in the rear (including the 1.5" I gained from the larger tires).

The ball joint spacers worked out perfectly. They said they could even go into the positive for camber if they wanted now.

Before fender height - 31.5" front / 33.5" rear

After fender height - 41" front and rear

24" clearance under the frame

4" rough country spindles
0.5" rough country ball joint spacers
1" aluminum coil spacers

2.5" rear blocks
rough country add-a-leaf

32"x11.5" goodyear wrangler mt/r kevlar tires
15"x8" Pro Comp wheels - 3.75" BS

Oh, and I have a 3" body lift that should be installed by the end of the month. :D

Allen jones

Reaction score

Ended up being almost 9.5" of lift in the front and 7.5" in the rear (including the 1.5" I gained from the larger tires).

The ball joint spacers worked out perfectly. They said they could even go into the positive for camber if they wanted now.

1" aluminum coil spacers

2.5" rear blocks
rough country add-a-leaf

Oh, and I have a 3" body lift that should be installed by the end of the month. :D
Hi. I'm running in to the same problem, where did you buy the ball joint spacers I can't find them

Felony

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I too am looking for these balljoint spacers for my 97 2wd in order to finish up my lift. Anyone got any input on where to get these? I dont think rough country is selling them on their website anymore

Last edited:

Bozz

Reaction score
X2-BJ-GM8898 Balljoint Spacers Chev C15/25 5Lug

Search above on eBay. Chassis Tech out of Arizona. I used a set but my alignment folks are still claiming I'm in need of longer UCAs.

Felony

Reaction score
X2-BJ-GM8898 Balljoint Spacers Chev C15/25 5Lug

Search above on eBay. Chassis Tech out of Arizona. I used a set but my alignment folks are still claiming I'm in need of longer UCAs.

Hmm. Thanks Bozz. I wonder how Jesse82nc overcame this. Anyone have any comments?

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

1" aluminum coil spacers

2.5" rear blocks
rough country add-a-leaf

Brining up this old thread because I have this issue! I located the ball joint spacers on eBay. Now where do they bolt? Do they bolt between the upper A-Arm and ball joint on the top side of the A-ARM (pushing up the ball joint above the a arm). Or does the ball joint go under the a arm now then the spacer and then the arm? It’s hard wrapping my head around how this will work but I gotta do something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk