96 2WD - Looking for Longer Upper Control Arms? Camber off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Just finished my lift. RC 4" plus 1" aluminum coil spacer. The alignment shop says the camber is still off 2 degrees and they can't get it to normal with my control arms. Anyone else had this? They said that they should make a set of arms for a lift that would allow them to fix it.

Anyone have any advice? I don't want to drive too far with it off that much having such expensive ($250) tires.

I did a little quick searching and found a few different control arms but wasn't sure which ones would work for my situation.

Thanks

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Flip your upper ball joints. Or buy the upper balljoint spacer from rough country. And post pics of the truck immediately!!!!

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Thanks still talking to the shop. They said I am negative 2.3 degrees. They were not sure if using offset balljoints would be enough. I mentioned the spacers and flipping them as well. We are both doing some more research over the weekend. I will post photos tomorrow when I pick it back up.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• IMG_20130727_095439_498.jpg
    IMG_20130727_095439_498.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sounds like the z angle is off with the camber issue.

Have you (or anyone else) checked the angle of the lower control arm? This is the z angle.

Funny thing is: with negative camber it usually means your adjusters are too low (in common speak: uncranked).

Any front end man worth his salt should know there is camber adjustment to be had by messing with torsion bar/lower arm angles on these trucks. 2.3 degrees negative would be very little adjustment on the bolts. Maybe a turn, turn and a half would bring it within specs.

Sadly, most techs these days chuck it on the rack, check for worn components they can replace for a quick buck, clamp the lasers on, check what the box tells them ( most only give toe, camber and caster) and fire it out the door ASAP to get the next buck.....errrr.....truck...underway.

Alignment is also very dependant on a vehicle's "as is" weight, height, etc.....

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its a 2wd drive truck not 4x so no torsion bars to mess with,most likely the knockouts for the upper control arms have to be removed to be able to adjust it

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
The shop is pretty much the best shop within 100 miles so I trust what they have to say. They already added adjustable bushings but couldn't get enough out of them. I have a set of ball joint spacers here which will be installed on Wednesday when they try to fix the camber again.

They will also be installing my EGT and Wideband O2 sensors in preparation for the S/C install coming up soon. :D