96 2dr body bushings change

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Geo's66, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Geo's66

Geo's66 I'm Awesome

guys- great news is my bushing bolts all are going to come out easily.. Have you guys swapped bushings out before? One side at a time? Jack up with 2x4's enough to slide old ones out/new ones in? Just need advice from experience... Thanks

2. mars2878

mars2878 I'm Awesome

that's exactly it.
    remove 1 sides worth of bolts, raise gently & slide out the old bushing & replace w/ new ones. once the one side is done, lower slowly, once completely down, verify that the bushings didn't shift, reinstall clean hardware & torque to spec.

be careful of the wires on the passenger side, you typically have about 2" worth of play depending on the vehicle. this is more crucial if your doing a body lift & may have to loosen or lengthen wires.

hope this helps

3. Geo's66

Geo's66 I'm Awesome

Excellent- that's what I thought, thanks... Never did this on a truck, always on frame-off car projects- I'm lucky the bolts all came loose!

4. mars2878

mars2878 I'm Awesome

your lucky. ive done a few times on k-series & s10's. Being in Mass, always gotta PB the bolts a few times that typically are not touched. sometimes a little heat just to make sure that they don't snap, strip or the cage nuts don't break free.