95 Yukon Exhaust Suggestions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian2Door

Reaction score
Loud, deep and mean. General direction would be headers, highflow cats, no mufflers. Any ideas and or suggestions are welcome!
350 small block, 5.7L

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
if you want it to sound deep and mean, may i at least suggest a pair of dynomax ultraflows, hooker maxflows, or another similar muffler. straight pipes will sound nothing like what you are describing.

Last edited:

Canadian2Door

Reaction score
if you want it to sound deep and mean, may i at least suggest a pair of dynomax ultraflows, hooker maxflows, or another similar muffler. strait pipes will sound nothing like what you are describing.
I know what you mean, straight pipes are a more high pitched rasp but Im trying to stay away from mufflers.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did straight pipe on my truck and it's awful. I just ordered a muffler to do away with the raspiness

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
You need something to cancel out the raspiness and cackling that seems to be accentuated by straight pipes. You need mufflers. As much as they leave power on the table, I'm going to suggest a chambered muffler like a Flowmaster 2 Chamber, or one of the knockoffs like the thrush welded muffler. They are great at cancelling out high pitch noise. They will drone at cruising speeds, but you say you want loud.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Just used a Jones Max Flow Muffler on mine. I really like the construction and sound. Basically identical to Magnaflow at half the price. Straight through construction.

Had a chambered muffler, and the drone was a killer after I added my tri-y headers.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just used a Jones Max Flow Muffler on mine. I really like the construction and sound. Basically identical to Magnaflow at half the price. Straight through construction.

Had a chambered muffler, and the drone was a killer after I added my tri-y headers.

Hell yeah! Should have my jones max flow today. The big block is too loud without a muffler