95 RCLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It feels great to be posting again!
I wanted another OBS for awhile, but I didnt think i'd be getting one this weekend!
A buddy of mine got a 94 Rclb for the frame which he was using as a project, and the guy he got it from had one more rclb in his yard, a 95 w/t trim. I figured why the hell not, i need a new project.

I scored her for 600$. It's a 2500 with a 14bt rear, but has 6 lug axles.

So far it needs a rear driveshaft and possibly a new tranny. It'll also need an interior and some other cosmetic work.
It is the w/t trim, so manual windows, basic everything. Has the floor shift 4x4 too.

It will also need a new ign. lock cylinder since the current one has been drilled out.

I'm probaly going to convert the w/t grill to a regular grill, and give it a coat of desert tan paint with a 3" lift or level it and some bigger tires. Going to carpet on the inside and either go with 95+ bucket seats or an early 90's bench.

Let the fun begin!

You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I was able to sweep out some of the dirt in the cab. The floor is in good shape and will be carpeted and insulated when I am done with it. I am not liking the cracks on the dash, so I am most likely going to swap in another dash, or at least get a cover for it.
And finally, I was able to get most of the **** out of the engine bay. She had been sitting for awhile and accumulated all sorts of ****. Still have more to clean.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i was looking around online for ideas of how I want it to look, and I settled for this. CUCV II. Its going to look like this, however different wheels, tires and a different set up in the bed.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW, that engine bay doesn't even look like the same truck! Nice work

Thank you, it took awhile to get all the dirt, sticks and cactus needles out of there. I was able to get alot out with the power washer, but I still have some stuff left. It definitely looks much better, and now I can start examining parts to see where I stand.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI, 95 is a one year only tranny. Also that heater core location is interesting.

Never knew that, so im guessing it isnt a 4L60E then? And yeah, I was trying to figure out why it was there, with zip ties...lol. I would like to find out where it belongs so I can put it back, unless it was put there for a reason. I am new to the TBI trucks, as my last one was a Vortec 5.7

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBIs are good my advice is delete the factory Oil cooler and lines I did so with mine because it caused loss of oil pressure. If you want a Oil cooler go with an after market setup.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score